Главная страница | назад
Article #22092: Shortcut to Turbo C++
I successfully installed Turbo C++ 3.0 onto my computer, but I can't find a way to start the program. How can I do that?
The Turbo C++ compilers 3.0 was written prior to the releases of Windows 95/98/NT/2000, and therefore the installaton program is not able to make all of the adjustments expected of a program built for a modern operating system. The following instructions will guide you through placing access to the compiler (via a shortcut) in the Program Files, Start Menu, and on the Desktop.
Placing a shortcut to Turbo C++ on the Desktop.
- Go to -> Start | Right-click | Explore | C:\TC\Bin
- Locate and Right-click on TC.EXE
(in the right-hand explore window)
- Select "Create Shortcut"
- Locate "Shortcut to Turbo C++ IDE", (which will have
just been created and should be visible) Right-click
on it and CUT or COPY.
- Minimize (or close) the Explore window,
Right-click on the Desktop and Select PASTE.
- Program will now open by double-clicking on Shortcut.
Placing a shortcut to Turbo C++ in the Start or Programs Menu.
Go to -> Start | Right-click | Explore | C:\TC\BIN
Locate and Right-click on TC.EXE
Select "Create Shortcut"
Locate "Shortcut to Turbo C++ IDE", Right-click on it
and CUT or COPY.
Go To -> the left side of the Explore window
Locate C:\Windows\Start Menu (Highlight Start Menu)
Right-click on Start Menu and select PASTE.
A shortcut to Turbo C++ IDE is now in the Start Menu.
The above method can also be used to place a shortcut
into the "Programs" section of the Start Menu. To do
so, follow steps 1 -> 5 above, then:
- Locate C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs (Highlight Programs)
- Right-click on Programs and select PASTE.
- A shortcut to Turbo C++ IDE is now in the Programs Menu.
Appending Path to include Turbo C++ version 3.0
so that it may be started from a DOS prompt ( C:\WINDOWS> )
- Go to -> Start | Run | sysedit ENTER.
- You will now be in AUTOEXEC.BAT. Locate the LAST CHARACTER.
- Begin a new line.
- Type PATH=%PATH%;C:\TC\BIN;%PATH%
- Restart Computer.
- Turbo C++ 3.0 can now be started from any DOS prompt.
Last Modified: 27-OCT-00