Главная страница | назад
Article #18086: Installing Delphi from a hard drive.
How do I install Delphi from a local hard drive?
You will need approximately 460 MB of hard drive space to do the hard drive install (for Delphi 5 Enterprise version). 230 MB for the complete installation and free space to hold the files temporarily while doing the installation.
- Put the Delphi CD in the drive and choose "Browse the CD, or view the CD in Windows Explorer."
- Copy the "Install" folder to the root directory of the local drive you will be installing from (i.e. not inside any subfolders).
- Copy the "Runimage" folder to the root directory of the same drive. This may take a very long time. Verify that the entire folder was copied correctly. Right-click on the folder and choose properties. This folder should contain the same number of files that the one on the CD-ROM contained.
- Copy all of the remaining files (autorun.inf, delphi.ico, deploy.txt, etc.) to the root directory of the same drive.
- Reboot into Safe Mode or VGA mode (optional) and double click on the "Install.exe" that you now have on your hard drive and install Delphi as you normally would.
- Restart your computer and verify that Delphi runs correctly. Once you have done this you can delete all the files that you copied over from the CD-ROM.
Last Modified: 10-OCT-00